CANNA-GUARD contains Steinernema feltiae and Heterorhabditis bacteriophora, a specific beneficial nematode blend for quick control of fungus gnats, the pre pupae of thrip, root aphids and root weevils. These nematodes attack soil pest larva by entering through their natural body openings. Once inside, the nematodes release a symbiotic bacterium that quickly kills the pest. Reproduction inside the dead larvae results in a new generation of nematodes that disperse to find more prey.
This is a very effective all natural control for a multitude of soil pests that attack medical herb plants. Nematodes are 100% safe for people, pets, & plants.
Rate: 2 applications of 10m2 (100ft2). If you are trying to control fungus gnats separate the applications by two weeks, this will insure optimal results.
- CANNA-GUARD can be stored in a refrigerator at 6-8 degrees C (43-46oF) for up to 12 weeks; do not freeze.
- Treatment plants should be well watered and soil should be moist through the entire pot before application.
- After application plants should remain moist and not be allowed to dry out between watering.
- Soil temperatures should not fall below 10 degrees C (50 degrees F) for 14 days following treatment with CANNA-GUARD.
- Do not apply in bright sunlight. The best time for application is on a cloudy day or late in the afternoon.
- CANNA-GUARD should not be mixed with fertilizers or pesticides
- Open one CANNA-GUARD nematode package and store second package in your refrigerator. Remove the sponge from the plastic bag and place into 1 litres of water, wring out sponge 5 to 10 times and rinse plastic bag to release all nematodes. This is your nematode solution.
- Input 1:1 ratio (1 part nematode solution to 1 part water) within your watering system.
- Apply nematode solution to moisten the soil, but do not allow the solution to run though the pot.
- To avoid nematodes from settling at the bottom of your container (they are heavier than water), make sure to stir the solution before each application.
- Use all CANNA-GUARD nematode solution within a 2 hour period.
- Repeat application in two (2) weeks.
- For fungus gnat control, place yellow sticky card close to soil surface of treatment pots to trap and monitor adult fungus gnats.
Haven't tried yet