Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Indoor Farmer Stores and Website.
This is the number one question we receive via phone, email and social media. Unlike some websites, we have accurate, live inventory for our website. Products marked "In Stock" are in stock, and you will not be able to purchase more units then we have on hand. If you try and add more units to your cart then we have on hand, you will receive the message "You can't add more (product name) to the cart."
For shipping, our warehouse operated Monday to Friday, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM, and most are shipped within one to two business days. During promotions, holidays and seasonal sales, orders may take extra time to be shipped.
If you have an issue with your order, please email email@example.com for assistance.
What is your return policy?
Click here to see our return/refund policy
What is your shipping policy?
Click here to see our shipping policy.
Do you ship outside Canada?
We only ship within Canada, during COVID19 we have had too many issues with extreme delays and shipping issues outside Canada and have discontinued our USA and European shipping options.
Do you offer discreet (plain box) shipping?
We ship in plain boxes with no brands/logo’s visible on the packaging for your privacy.
How long will my online order take to arrive?
Orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. For free shipping orders we typically use Canpar, UPS, ICS, Canada Post or Purolator. Typical (we can’t guarantee delivery times) transit times after shipping for free shipping orders is as follows:
- Ontario & Quebec 1-2 days
- Manitoba and Saskatchewan 3-5 days
- Alberta & BC 4-6 days
- Eastern Canada 3-7 days
- Northern provinces 7-14 days
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your address information and the item you are interested in for a custom quote. These items are not available online because they are typically very heavy or bulky and may ship on a pallet only. These items typically need custom shipping and delivery arrangements, so we prefer customers contact us to place the order.
Yes! we do accept E-transfer payments, such as an Interac email transfer from your online banking. Here is how:
- Choose the e-transfer payment method on checkout, you will receive an email confirmation of your order with order number and order total value.
- After checking out, log in to your online banking, and set up an email money transfer (aka e-Transfer) with the funds. Send it to: email@example.com, please use your order number as reference, no password should be required. If your bank does require a password, please use your order number as the answer and your name as the reference.
- Please note, e-Transfers may take up to 24 hours to be processed. If you would like faster processing please choose the credit card or Paypal payment option as it will automate the process.
Starting June 2022, we have changed the way we ship growing medium. These items are now exempt from our free shipping policy. Previously we had just increased the price of these items online, and offered free shipping on the products. However, this caused too many cases where customers we overpaying or underpaying depending on where they lived. We do not profit on the quoted shipping costs, it is exactly what we would pay to ship the order.
To simplify things, customers will now need to pay the freight for growing medium. We encourage customers to source these items locally whenever possible. Shipping bags of heavy soil across the country one or two at a time is not sustainable, but we offer them for customers who don't have access to the products locally or are not able to shop in person.
If you are interested in a product we do not have listed on our website, please let us know! You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with special requests. If we receive enough interest, we will look into stocking your requested product.
Please be aware that due to strict Canadian regulations, many popular products from the USA cannot be legally sold in Canada. This includes uncertified electronics, unregistered fertilizers, fungicides and pesticides.
Sure! You can use the chat on our website to ask questions. Our chat is managed by an experienced grower. If the chat is offline, you can email one of our retail stores for assistance; email@example.com, pictures are helpful, here is a list of other growing conditions that can help us better answer your questions:
- What are you growing? (ex. Cannabis, Tomatoes, Lettuce, House Plants)
- Growing Space (ex. Tent or Room and Size)
- Temp and Humidity (ex. Min/Max temp and RH for Day/Night)
- Lighting (ex. LED, HID, MH and Actual Wattage)
- Ventilation (ex. Fan size, circulation fans)
- Growing Medium (ex. Living Soil, Coco Coir, Rockwool, Clay Pellets, ProMix, Water, etc)
- Nutrients (ex. Synthetic Brand, Organic Brand)
- Water (ex. RO, Tap Water, Well Water)