Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Indoor Farmer Stores and Website.
Are you open for in-store shopping?
Yes, Indoor Farmer is considered in essential business by the province of Ontario as an agriculture product retailer. Both our retail stores are open for in-store shopping. Customers who prefer not to enter the store can place an online order and select curbside pickup at checkout, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if needed for products not available online. Unfortauntely we no longer take orders over the phone due to a high amount of no shows, fraud and chargeback claims.
How does curbside pickup work?
Curbside Pickup is a contactless way for our customers to place and pickup orders during the COVID19 outbreak. We have three ways to place orders for Curbside pickup.
- Place order online from indoorfarmer.ca and select "CURBSIDE DELIVERY" at checkout (please include your phone number on the checkout contact form)
- Email your order to email@example.com (There may be some delay processing manual curbside pickups, use the website checkout for fastest service)
Once we receive your order, we will email or call you when it is ready for pickup (normally within 1 hour during store hours).
When you arrive to pickup your order, please call 519-886-9200 and a staff member will bring out your order to your vehicle.
Curbside pickup is available:
- Monday 10AM-5PM (Note - The store is closed Monday but the warehouse is open and can do curbside pickup, call 519 886 9200 X223 for pickup)
- Tuesday - Friday from 10AM-6PM
- Saturday 10AM-5PM
We sell Microgreens, Vegetable & Herb Seeds in our retail stores. These may be available online in the future but due to limited stock they remain available only in-store for now.
We do not sell Cannabis seeds.
We do not have coupon codes available for first time customers. We offer the fastest shipping in the industry and a staff of experienced growers to offer advice and recommendations. We stock thousands of products in our warehouse and do not sell items we don’t have in stock. We do not drop ship, so Canadian customers never receive customs/duty or tax bills on delivery. In order to maintain this level of service we only have a few promotions a year, and do not have discount codes available.
What is your return policy?
Click here to see our return/refund policy
What is your shipping policy?
Click here to see our shipping policy.
Do you ship outside Canada?
We only ship within Canada, during COVID19 we have had too many issues with extreme delays and shipping issues outside Canada and have discontinued our USA and European shipping options.
Do you offer discreet (plain box) shipping?
We ship in plain boxes with no brands/logo’s visible on the packaging for your privacy.
How long will my online order take to arrive?
Orders ship within 24 hours (often same day) Monday to Friday from our warehouse in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. For free shipping orders we typically use Canpar, Canada Post or Purolator. Typical (we can’t guarantee delivery times) transit times after shipping for free shipping orders is as follows:
- Ontario & Quebec 1-2 days
- Manitoba and Saskatchewan 3-5 days
- Alberta & BC 4-6 days
- Eastern Canada 3-7 days
- Northern provinces 7-14 days
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your address information and the item you are interested in for a custom quote. These items are not available online because they are typically very heavy or bulky and expensive to ship. They won’t be eligible for free shipping but we can provide a custom shipping quote for you via email.
Yes! we do accept E-transfer payments, such as an Interac email transfer from your online banking. Here is how:
- Choose the e-transfer payment method on checkout, you will receive an email confirmation of your order with order number and order total value.
- After checking out, log in to your online banking, and set up an email money transfer (aka e-Transfer) with the funds. Send it to: email@example.com, please use your order number as reference, no password will be required.
- You will receive a confirmation email once we have accepted the e-Transfer payment. Please note, e-Transfers may take up to 24 hours to be processed. If you would like faster processing please choose the credit card or Paypal payment option as it will automate the process.
Soils and Medium are very large and heavy, we can’t include them online with our free shipping policy or we would lose money on every order. We also need to be able to provide a SKU on our website for customers who want curbside pickup due to COVID19. For this reason we have two SKU’s for soil and medium.
One marked “IN STORE PICKUP ONLY” for curbside pickup orders at the in-store rate, and one marked “CANADA WIDE SHIPPING RATE” which includes a surcharge to help cover the extra cost of shipping soils for customers choosing free shipping on checkout.
If you prefer, you can choose the "IN STORE PICKUP ONLY" SKU, then pay for shipping during checkout by selecting a paid shipping option. We are working on a more simplified process for these items in the future.
Prior to COVID19 we had started offering grow classes monthly at our Waterloo location. Unfortauntely until the outbreak is declared over we will not be hosting any more grow classes. We miss them dearly as it was a great opportunity to get to know our customers better and share knowledge.
We are planning to start some video guides for customers on growing basics and in depth product information. Stay tuned for more information!
Sure! You can use the chat on our website to ask questions. Our chat is managed by an experienced grower. If the chat is offline, you can email one of our retail stores for assistance; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, pictures are helpful, here is a list of other growing conditions that can help us better answer your questions:
- What are you growing? (ex. Cannabis, Tomatoes, Lettuce, House Plants)
- Growing Space (ex. Tent or Room and Size)
- Temp and Humidity (ex. Min/Max temp and RH for Day/Night)
- Lighting (ex. LED, HID, MH and Actual Wattage)
- Ventilation (ex. Fan size, circulation fans)
- Growing Medium (ex. Living Soil, Coco Coir, Rockwool, Clay Pellets, ProMix, Water, etc)
- Nutrients (ex. Synthetic Brand, Organic Brand)
- Water (ex. RO, Tap Water, Well Water)