Use the blumat Digital Soil Monitor as a super accurate way to know the moisture level near your roots (or in your garden compost pile). Often the moisture near the surface where you can feel is moist while the soil near the roots is dry - or the reverse: dry at the surface and over-watered at the roots. Seasonal differences can cause these conditions to rapidly reverse. With this blumat Digital Sensor, you don't have to guess! You'll know if your plants need water or not, and exactly how much.
You'll be wondering how you ever got on without this digital moisture meter! It is ideal for dialing in your blumat watering system or other garden irrigation system. Keep your soil at the ideal moisture level to keep microbes and other microorganism populations happy! *DO NOT* get the digital display wet. Keep the digital head void of moisture for best results and longevity of the meter.
Instructions for Use AND Resetting:
- Soak bottom green portion and ceramic carrot in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Fill carrot with water and attach to digital display head.
- Hold "On" button for several seconds until "000" or "---" is displayed.
- Insert bottom portion of meter into soil/growing media and wait 45 minutes.
- Press "On" button until a reading is displayed.
Interpreting the Reading:
- A display of 0 millibars is equivalent to the meter in a standing cup of
- A display of 750 millibars is equivalent to soil completely void
- For high-value crops like hemp, a reading of 100 millibars for vegetative stage and 120-150 millibars for flowering stage is ideal. These numbers may vary dependent on variety.